• MGNREGS will get Rs. 33,000 crore, PMGSY will get Rs. 21,700 crore, and IAY will get Rs. 15,184 crore in 2013-14.
• New National Health Mission that combines the rural mission and the proposed urban mission will get Rs. 21,239 crore, an increase of 24.3 percent over the RE.
• Gender budget is Rs. 97,134 crore and child budget is Rs. 77,236 crore in 2013-14.
• Rs. 17,700 crore has been allocated to ICDS in 2013-14 as compared to Rs. 15,850 crore in 2012-13.
• Rs. 27,258 crore will be provided for Sarva Shiksha Abhiyan (SSA) in 2013-14.
• Allocation for the Integrated Watershed Programme has been increased from Rs. 3,050 crore in 2012-13 (BE) to Rs. 5,387 crore.
• Rs. 10,000 crore will be given, over and above the normal provision for food subsidy, towards the incremental cost that is likely under the National Food Security Act.
Budget Speech 2013-14 delivered by P Chidambaram, http://indiabudget.nic.in/ub2013-14/bs/bs.pdf
Please click here to access the Union Budget Primer, which has been prepared by Avinash Celestine for PRS Legislative Research, February, 2008.