INCLUSIVE MEDIA -UNDP FELLOWSHIP 2014 (last date 1 August, 2014)
RULES AND REGULATIONS
The applications for Inclusive Media – UNDP Fellowships should include a cover letter and the candidate’s CV (strictly within 3 A4 pages) along with the following:
- A clearly defined project proposal with clear title (Within 500 words)
- A break up of at least 5 story ideas based on the project proposal (within 250 words)
- An idea of the geographical region selected for field work, and a rough break-up of travel/
boarding requirements with an approximate expenditure. (within 100 words)
Please mention the places you want to visit and a rough breakup of what you expect to be your expenditure. The Inclusive Media Fellowships are intended to cover costs of news gathering and reimburse expenditure and not meant to be salary or honorarium. So the actual expenditure receipts would be reimbursed without TDS deduction wherever applicable and within reasonable limits. The CSDS accounts department may make enquiries about actual expenditure.
- Two samples of published work (or Radio/TV programmes) in English or Hindi. For electronic stories, please use CD/ DVD and post it to us clearly marked your name and the title of the story with a marker on the CD.
- A supporting letter from the editor assuring leave for 2 to 4 weeks and agreeing to use the fellowship output in the publication (Free lancers must procure a supporting letter from the editor of a reputed publication/ channel agreeing to use the fellowship output)
- A letter of recommendation about the candidate’s past record, journalistic abilities and suitability for the project from an eminent journalist, editor or supervisor giving an idea of the candidate’s suitability for the Inclusive Media - UNDP Fellowships.
CONDITIONSFellowship Terms and Conditions:
- All payments will be subject to TDS rules. We will send you 50% of the fellowship after receiving your travel plans and duly signed acceptance note. The remaining 50% will be given in the end subject to successful completion of the fellowship terms and conditions including publication of output, and after further TDS cuts if any.
We appreciate your commitment for rural issues and expect you to do a good job of your project. However, the Inclusive media project will suspend or withdraw the grant/ advance payment if the fellow fails to complete the project and publish its outcome.
- The outcomes of the fellowships will also be put on the website (im4change.org) in the end with due credit to you and your publication after the reports are published.
- The fellows will keep us informed about the progress during or after the field trips and changes in story lines, if any.
- The fellows will inform the Inclusive Media Project of the CSDS about the dates of the publication of their reports and send us the clippings by courier.
- The fellows will send us original train/ bus tickets and air tickets plus boarding cards/ taxi bills/ hotel receipts/ food bills before claiming the reimbursements. Please note that it is in your own interest and the reimbursements against the expenditure will not attract TDS cuts but TDS will be deducted for any payment which is not against the expenditure. A reasonable amount, normally up to Rs 55000 is adjusted against bills but in exceptional cases this can go up.
The application material and CVs must be submitted before the last date in Microsoft Word format in English and Mangal or Unicode in Hindi along with scanned copies of your clippings to: firstname.lastname@example.org Application sent via emails will be promptly acknowledged.
Those sending emails please write "Inclusive Media - UNDP Fellowship" in the subject line.
(Candidates applying in Hindi must note that applications sent in fonts other than Mangal/ Unicode would be rejected)
However, if for any reason you cannot send it by email, or if you want to send a hard copy as well as the email, please do so by speed post or courier to the following address: (Please note that entries which arrive after due date, for any reason whatsoever, will not be considered)
Inclusive Media - UNDP Fellowship 2014
Centre for the Study of Developing Societies (CSDS)
29, Rajpur Road