• In 2017, India's Human Development Index (HDI) ranking was 130th (HDI value 0.640) among 189 countries, while China's ranking was 86th (HDI value 0.752), Sri Lanka's 76th (HDI value 0.770), Bhutan's 134th (HDI value 0.612), Bangladesh's 136th (HDI value 0.608) and Pakistan's 150th (HDI value 0.562) **
• In 2015, India's Human Development Index (HDI) ranking was 131st (HDI value 0.624) among 188 countries, while China's ranking was 90th (HDI value 0.738), Bhutan's 132nd (HDI value 0.607), Bangladesh's 139th (HDI value 0.579) and Pakistan's 147th (HDI value 0.550) $#
• In 2014, India's Human Development Index ranking was 130th (HDI value 0.609) among 188 countries, while China's ranking was 90th (HDI value 0.727), Bhutan's 132nd (HDI value 0.605), Bangladesh's 142nd (HDI value 0.570) and Pakistan's 147th (HDI value 0.538). The value of India's HDI was 0.428 in 1990, 0.496 in 2000, 0.586 in 2010, 0.597 in 2011, 0.600 in 2012, 0.604 in 2013 and 0.609 in 2014 $$
• During 2013 India ranked 135th (HDI value 0.586) among 187 countries in terms of HDI, whereas Pakistan ranked 146th (HDI value0.537), China ranked 91st (HDI value 0.719), Sri Lanka ranked 73rd (HDI value0.750) and Bangladesh ranked 142nd (HDI value 0.558). India fared worse than the average global value of 0.702 $
• During 2012 India ranked 136th (HDI value 0.554) among 187 countries in terms of HDI ranking, whereas Pakistan ranked 146th (HDI value 0.515), China ranked 101st (HDI value 0.699), Sri Lanka ranked 92nd (HDI value 0.715) and Bangladesh ranked 146th (HDI value 0.515). India fared worse than the average global value of 0.694 ?
• In 2012 India's ranking in terms of Gender Inequality Index was 132nd (GII value 0.610) whereas in the same area Pakistan ranked 123rd (GII value 0.567), China ranked 35th (GII value 0.213), Sri Lanka ranked 75th (GII value 0.402) and Bangladesh ranked 111th (GII value 0.518) ?
• The top 5 states in terms of HDI during 2007-08 were: Kerala (0.790), Delhi (0.750), Himachal Pradesh (0.652), Goa (0.617) and Punjab (0.605) #
• According to HDR 2011, inequality in India for the period 2000-11 in terms of the income Gini coefficient was 36.8 ##
** Human Development Indices and Indicators: 2018 Statistical Update, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), please click link1, link2 and link3 to access
$# Human Development Report 2016: Human Development for Everyone, UNDP (please link1, link2 and link3 to access)
$$ Human Development Report 2015: Work for Human Development prepared by UNDP (please click here to access)
$ Human Development Report 2014 entitled: Sustaining Human Progress: Reducing Vulnerabilities and Building Resilience, prepared by UNDP,
? 2013 Human Development Report–"The Rise of the South: Human Progress in a Diverse World"
# India Human Development Report 2011: Towards Social Inclusion, which has been prepared by Institute of Applied Manpower Research, Planning Commission, GoI, http://www.im4change.org/docs/340IHDR_Summary.pdf
## Economic Survey 2011-12, http://indiabudget.nic.in/es2011-12/echap-13.pdf