CMS VATAVARAN Journalism Awards 2015
The fifth CMS VATAVARAN Young Environmental Journalism Awards is now inviting entries from journalists representing print, broadcast and online media. The last date for receiving the entries is July 31st 2015.
The fifth CMS VATAVARAN Young Environmental Journalism Awards is now inviting entries from journalists representing print, broadcast and online media. The CMS VATAVARAN Young Environmental Journalism Awards aim to recognise and reward excellence in environmental journalism by young journalists in the age group of 21 to 35 years in the country.
Through this award, exceptional journalistic work of three young environmental journalists representing print, TV and online media will be highlighted and encouraged for continued high-quality coverage of environmental issues in India at local, state and national levels.
Journalists form an essential link between important environmental issues and all members of our society which consists of the public, policy makers and environmentalists. To encourage these young journalists for bringing comprehensive and inspiring environmental stories, CMS VATAVARAN institutionalized the Young Environmental Journalism Award in 2007. Since then, CMS VATAVARAN has awarded 8 young environment journalists in the country.
An eminent jury panel will select the journalists in each category. Each winner of the Young Environmental Journalism Award in the three categories will receive a cash prize of INR 25000/-, a citation and trophy each. The three journalists will be receiving the awards on October 9th, 2015 in New Delhi at the inaugural and award ceremony of the 8th CMS VATAVARAN Environment and Wildlife International Film Festival and Forum in New Delhi.
1. The applicants should be in the age group of 21-35 years.
2. The awards are open to all journalists, including freelancers
3. Entries should have been published/ broadcast between January 1, 2014 to June 30, 2015.
4. Entries are invited under print, online and TV categories.
5. Entries can be in any language. Entries in languages other than English should be accompanied by an English summary of about 500 words.
6. Applicant must be an Indian national.
7. The applicants would be required to submit 3 work (published/ broadcast) along with their application.
8. Applicants must warrant that the medium they are submitting are their own work and that they own the copyright for it.
9. Applicants are required to submit an endorsement letter from the editor/news editor of the media house in which the respective report has been published.
The applicants are required to submit their work i.e. published/ broadcast stories (not more than 3 stories, i.e. print's scanned copy/e-news or news video or series) along with their nomination to email@example.com; Mobile no.: 09899979161
For more information, please click here.
Interested applicants are requested to visit the website: http://vat2015.cmsvatavaran.org/
CMS VATAVARAN is a pioneering international festival of films on environment and wildlife. CMS VATAVARAN has now become a movement and inspired many organizations and individuals to use films and forums as a medium to catalyse change. The theme of the 8th Competitive Film Festival is ‘WATER FOR LIFE’ with special focus on ‘Conserving Our Water Bodies’. The highlights of the festival will be: gala award ceremony for felicitation of coveted CMS VATAVARAN Awards; film screenings of all nominated films along with open forum discussions; technical workshops; sessions and exhibitions to showcase green initiatives of Corporates; seminars to share best practices and new initiatives of State Governments in greening their States and harvesting water sources; photo exhibitions; green haats; cultural evenings; and much more.